Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fresh Market and Morels

Is anyone with me in starting a petition to get The Fresh Market on College Avenue to open the hell up already? Or at least start building. Something. Anything to let me know that it's really going to happen. I am completely in love with TFM but Bloomington is more on my way to work than 146th Street. And I miss Atlas so. When I make the gyro-and-$60-in-magazines buy across the street from the empty lot, I hate the vacuum that was once filled with beef tenderloin (cheap!), tiny turquoise shopping carts, Café du Monde coffee, and the occasional brown paper sack of morels… Morels that are now available in a galaxy far, far away at The Fresh Market. Thank God for small favors. Especially if those favors are earthy little sponges perfect for soaking up butter in my skillet as I tickle them with garlic. Then you move the morels into a dish, put 2 healthy dollops of crème fraiche in the skillet, melt in about an ounce of bleu cheese (I like Point Reyes Blue) and put it – along with the morels – on Cipriani extra thin papardelle. All of which are delightfully available right there in the aisles of TFM. On 146th Street. How is that petition coming along?

No comments: